Vietnam Barista Competition & Vietnam Aromaster Championship 202401/03/2024
The Vietnam Barista Competition and Vietnam Aromaster Championship are the most highly anticipated competitions within the framework of the Food & Hotel Vietnam event. The competition will take place from March 19-21, 2024.
The Vietnam Barista Competition, also known as VBC 2024, will be held for the eighth time consecutively, alongside Food & Hotel 2024, which is the largest trade event in the southern region of Vietnam in the F&B hospitality industry. Competitors will compete in categories such as Espresso, Milk-based beverages, and Creative drinks. Thanks to the synergy with the exhibition Food & Hotel 2024, VBC is expected to be attended by more than 17,500 professionals and businesses in the industry.
Following the success of previous seasons, this year, Vietnam Barista Competition 2024 will continue to partner with the Vietnam Aromaster Championship 2024 (VAC), aiming to expand the contestant group in the Specialty Coffee sector. The competition is endorsed by the Global Aroma Research Institute – Scentone Aroma Standard.
The purpose of the competition is to find individuals with exceptional Sensory skills through their ability to assess and analyze aromas. Moreover, through the contest, the organizers hope to introduce a variety of interesting specialty coffees to everyone, particularly those produced in Vietnam.
Inspired by the essence of authentic espresso coffee, each contestant must take on the challenge of preparing 3 types of drinks: espresso coffee, milk-based drink, and a creative beverage. In all three rounds, candidates are required to use at least one cup of espresso coffee.
The jury will be the ones who decide who will be the winner of this year’s competition. What they have in common is a great passion for high-quality drinks and the desire to search for outstanding talents in the Vietnamese bartending industry. The head of this year’s VBC jury is Mr. Danny Pang, who will act as the “judge and jury,” inspiring and sharing valuable experiences with the other judges and contestants.
The Prize Structure for VBC and VAC includes:
- 02 First Prizes, each worth 20,000,000 VND, a trophy, Certificate of Achievement, and Gifts from Sponsors
- 02 Second Prizes, each worth 10,000,000 VND, a trophy, Certificate of Achievement, and Gifts from Sponsors
- 02 Third Prizes, each worth 5,000,000 VND, a trophy, Certificate of Achievement, and Gifts from Sponsors
- Time: 19 – 21.03.2024
- Venue: Saigon Exhibition and Convention Center – SECC, 799 Nguyen Van Linh Avenue, Tan Phu Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City
- Registration Deadline: Registration portal will close at 23:59 on 11/03/2024 or when the number of registered participants is complete.